Welcome to Ladybirds Daycare...
Ladybirds provides full and part-time daycare for infants, toddlers and pre-school children at our fully equipped nursery in the centre of Landkey near Barnstaple in North Devon. Our nursery is a multifunctional unit providing wrap around care for a wide range of children from 0 to 11 years from one, easy to reach, central location.
Our dedicated baby room offers a safe, stimulant and cosy environment for up to 6 infants aged from birth to 2 years of age.
Our main nursery provides an integrated space where out 1-3 year olds and 3-5 years olds are provided with a variety of structured play opportunities as part of the foundation stage curriculum in accordance with DfEE standards. Our 1-3 year olds are looked after by a fully qualified team of staff, specialising in the care of this age range who ensure that the transition from our baby room to the main room is as smooth a process as possible. We also ensure this by giving the older, more mobile babies the chance to frequently explore the main room as and when they wish whilst being observed by a familiar faced member of staff.
We offer free government funded places up to 15 hours per week term time or 11 hours per week all year for our 2-5 year olds, who are offered a continuous provision throughout the day and also focused foundation activities as part of the free funded sessions that run daily.
Our current operating times are Monday to Friday, 6.30am - 6.00pm. From 3pm daily we also provide before and after school care and also care during school holidays as part of our Breakfast / After School / Holiday Club activities.
Ladybirds was established in 1988 and became a Limited company in 2011 and is now regarded as one of the leading professional day nurseries in the area. We are Ofsted registered and are members of the National Day Nursery Association (NDNA).
In October 2012 we had an Ofsted inspection and were very pleased to announce that we were awarded outstanding in all areas.
At Ladybirds we believe that childcare is an important vocational service and is an asset to the local community. We ensure that all our staff undergo continuous professional development so that we always provide the very best levels of care, play and instruction as possible for the children in our charge.
Our undertaking is that each and every child who comes into our care will benefit in as many ways as possible from having attended Ladybirds. Our aim is to provide open opportunity to the children to encourage them to develop to their full potential, learn to associate with other, co-operate within their community, enjoy new challenges and grow within a happy, secure and stimulating environment.
We also undertake that parents are always kept informed about their child's welfare, achievements, and behaviour on an on-going basis. We believe that Ladybirds should work in partnership with parents in ensuring a child develops into a positive and confident individual.
We hope that you choose to send your child to Ladybirds, but whatever decision you make about your child's future we wish you every success...
- Established 1988
- Ofsted registered
- 15 members of staff
- 50 children full or part time from 0 to 5 year olds. Also after school care for children up to 11 years
- Dedicated baby room spaces for 6 full or part time infants
- Open Monday - Friday 6.30am - 6pm
- Vegetarian and special diets catered for
- Hot, freshly cooked 2 course meals available daily - £2.00 per day
- Fresh fruit snacks and drinks enclusive
- Payment monthly in advance
- Formal contract provided
- High security CCTV cameras throughout
- We are an ethically open community
- NNEB/CACHE/NVQ level 3/Diploma trained staff, including level 6 full qualified early years teacher
- Qualified First Aiders
- Home cooked food offered daily
- Fully insured
- 3-4 year old funded nursery places covering the Early Years Foundation Stage and registered to provide 2gether funded places for 2 year olds
- Member of the National Day Nurseries Association
- Under 2's - £5.15 per hour
- 2 years - £4.75 per hour
- Over 3's - £4.35 per hour
- After school/holiday club - £3.85 per hour (school children only - normal fees apply for children aged 0-4
- Hot Lunch & High Tea - £2.10 per meal
- Transport - £1.55 each way
- A discount of 5% will be given to children who attend for 37.5 or more hours per week
- A free nursery lunch will be offered for children who attend for 8 or more hours per day
- 50% discount will be given for booked holidays (minimum of 4 weeks' notice)
- Our of hours care costs by agreement
- One off £25.00 administration fee
The Early Years Foundation Stage
The EYFS is made up of 7 areas of learning and development. There are three prime areas of development, these are;
· Communication and Language
· Physical Development
· Personal, Social and Emotional Development
There are also 4 specific areas, these are;
· Understanding the World
· Expressive Arts and Design
Together they make up the skills, knowledge and experiences appropriate for babies and children as they grow, learn and develop. They are central to all the planned activities we carry out at Ladybirds.
Our 4 GUIDING PRINCIPLES are that…
1) Every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
2) Children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and or a key person.
3) The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning.
4) Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of learning and development are equally important and interconnected.
Communication and Language
In this area we support children's learning and competence in communicating, speaking and listening.
We provide various opportunities to use their skills in a range of situations and for a range of purposes supporting them in developing the confidence and disposition to do so.
We actively encourage the children to communicate and experience a broad range of emotions, language and behaviour.
We encourage the physical development of babies and young children by providing lots of opportunities for them to be active and interactive both inside and out, improving their skills of co-ordination, control, manipulation and movement.
Outdoor play keeps children healthy…
We support and encourage the children in developing an understanding of the importance of physical activity and making healthy choices in relation to food. We also encourage basic hygiene and personal needs which include dressing and eventually going to the toilet independently.
Personal, Social and Emotional
This area provides children with experiences and support to help them to develop a positive sense of themselves and of others; respect for others; social skills; and a positive disposition to learn. Our role is to ensure emotional well-being and to help them to know themselves and what they can do.
Children need stimulating imaginative play. This enables children to interact and develop their social skills…
It allows them to explore and develop their imagination… and brings out their personalities…
We believe that role play is a fun way for a child to learn and also useful in developing social skills later on in life…
Imaginative play also has deeper psychological benefits. It allows children to extend their personality, freeing them from real time constraints. It allows children to explore and articulate their inner feelings through play.
This area involves encouraging children to link sounds and letters and begin to read and write. We always ensure children are given access to a wide range of reading materials to encourage them to develop in this area.
This includes reading to the children as well as letting them explore books etc. for themselves…
This area involves providing children with opportunities to develop and improve their skills in counting, understanding and using numbers, calculating simple addition and subtraction problems; and to describe shapes, spaces and measures.
We provide the children with lots of opportunities to practice these skills and to gain confidence and competence in their use…
Understanding the World
In this area we support the development of understanding the physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
We encourage this by offering opportunities to use a range of tools safely, encounter creatures, people, plants and objects in their natural environments and in real-life situations undertake practical experiments and work with a range of materials...
Expressive Arts and Design
This area involves enabling children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials, as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a variety of activities in art, music, movement, dance, role-play, and design and technology.
Painting and basic art craft gives children an appreciation of colour, texture and perspective and it is allowable messy play… something the children always enjoy!
We also use modern soft construction materials such as custard, play dough etc. This promotes the child’s motor skills.
*All pictures featured on this page are property of Ladybirds Daycare Ltd.*